Monday, May 4, 2009

Sample Emails to Editors

Emails to editors should always be friendly, conversational and to the point.

For national fashion magazines:

Hi (editor first name),

How are you? I wanted to check in to see what you were working on this week. I design a collection of (describe product) and would love to send over samples for your consideration. You can view my collection at (website) and I’ve also attached a few images of some of our most popular new styles; the price points range from $xx to $xxx. The collection is available at Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdale’s and other high-end boutiques throughout the US.

Let me know if there’s anything you’d like to have us send over. I look forward to working with you.

Best,
(your name)

For weekly magazines:

Hi (editor first name),

How are you? I wanted to check in to see what you were working on this week. I design a collection of clothing worn by celebrities like Lauren Conrad, Lindsay Lohan and Julia Roberts and would love to send over samples for your consideration. You can view my collection at (website) and I’ve also attached a few recent images of celebrities in our product; the price points range from $xx to $xxx. The collection is available at Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdale’s and other high-end boutiques throughout the US.

Let me know if there’s anything you’d like to have us send over. I look forward to working with you.

Best,
(your name)

*Note: the weekly magazines want celebrity angles. Be sure to include recent information on celebrity wardrobing successes in any correspondence with them!



For regional magazines:

Hi (editor first name),

I am a locally based designer of (describe product) and would love to set up a time to show you my collection. I am available on Thursday of this week at 10 or 12 and on Friday any time in the afternoon.

Here’s a bit of background about my brand. My clothing is inspired by (talk about the idea behind your brand) and appeals to (describe customer). We currently sell locally at (name stores in the city/state) and in other boutiques nationwide like (name other well known stores).

You can view my collection at (website); the price points range from $xx to $xxx. I’ve attached a few images of some of our most popular new styles as well as a press release about the collection (also pasted below). I look forward to meeting you soon and to working with you often.

Best,
(your name)

No comments:

Post a Comment